181084 total points (all time)
In a pair of Speedo
Last seen 31 minutes ago
Joined 11:13 pm 19/10/2006
This was the sixth time I saw them live (Belgrade, Basel, Belgrade, Helsinki, Oberhausen, DORTMUND), first time from the gallery. I always tend to be as close to the stage as possible, this time I got a bit late to the venue and they pretty much shut the floor so I went all the way to the top. They played six songs from the latest album and nine more from earlier period.
0. Doctor Doctor [Intro]
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Children Of The Damned
4. Tears Of A Clown
5. The Red And The Black (at this point, my contact lense came out and I was having problems putting it back in. I licked the damned thing, I even soaked it in beer before finally being able to get it in)
6. The Trooper
7. Powerslave (here's the video; I thought they were going to play "The Book Of Souls" so I wanted to record it, insted they went from 1984 hit)
8. Death Or Glory
9. The Book Of Souls
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Blood Brothers (here's the video; Bruce started talking after TNOTB, so I wanted to record his speech instead just songs. I knew from the story that they were going to play Blood Brothers, what I didn't know was that he would be saying "...somebody from Serbia down there as wel..." That's my "Whoah" at 0:39 mark)
15. Wasted Years
winter is coming teh tricpe is cumming!
I'll be in London December 1st to 9th, so if anyone wants to meet for a beer or ten, please let me know*.
I'll also be in Manchester this coming weekend, but I don't think I'll have the time for anything, because I wanna visit a friend of mine that I worked with in Switzerland. We'll see Utd. match and probably Spectre. This will only be Friday - Sunday.
In other news, I was fired yesterday because my company has nothing to offer me from december, but with not used holidays I'll "work" for them until mid-january, more or less. After that I'm unemployed Oh, well... F♥ck it!
*) disclaimer: may contain traces of speedo
- Do you think that they care?
- Well, djskitzy doesn't care, that's for sure. If he looked just once there, he could see that lrrp is within his reach. That's two clicks that he doesn't want to make. Besides, half of them in fron of me don't visit this place anymore.
- Do you care?
- Not that much, but it is a significant milestone. Next time I get an extra digit... Well, I will be so old that I just might be dead.
- Dead? What do you mean?
- Just do the basic math. I registered here when Hawk send me an e-mail informing that TEOTI is back at teoti.us. That was in October 2006, so it's almost 6 and a half years for the first 100K. In this tempo then, I'd need additional 58 years for one Mega.
- Woow, you're right! It's a strange coincidence that all of this is happening just about when teh n006573r5 went down, don't you think?
- In all honesty, I don't think about it at all. It was a strange and difficult time for me when the split of 2006 occured, and then I signed here first. I only visited them maybe 10 times, only to take a peak, never to engage myself. Don't get me wrong, it makes me sad that they are down, but most of them will probably come back here. And that's a good news.
- So, are you ready?
- Like I said, don't make a big deal out of it. It just happens, it will not change me in some profound way.
- So why are you making this
thread blog entry then?
- For the points of course!
- You are such a point whore, you realise that?
- You say that as if it's a bad thing! And don't forget, as of now THIS point whore is worth 100,000 points!
While I was gardening this morning, I found a rather big chunk of pure love.
This is pretty strange for at least two reasons:
1. I don't have a garden.
2. I could never recognise love, even if it bit me on the ass.
So after some thinking over it, I put it back to earth just before I peed over it.
Marko! The name struck her like thunder, causing an earthquake in her soul and body. In an instant, she froze, incapable of any articulated move. Then her knees shook, a wave that spread to her whole body, all the way up to the lower jaw. Terrified, she kept saying "Marko! Marko!"
Chaos broke out in her soul, because she remembered everything. Every word, every look, every kiss. Once again she saw the amount of her being that she put into that man and once again she thought that she could never forgive him leaving her. Only now was she able to put into words exactly all the feelings she had for him. While they were together, she did not think of herself as a whole, rather she believed from the bottom of her heart that she was one only with him. That's why it hurt so much.
Once again she remembered how she put her young body and soul around him, giving in to him, believing he was also giving in to her. How naive! She used to think that the two of them were two drinks destined to mix and make a beautiful cocktail, but it turned out that he was the slimy oil that came to the top, and she was smelly water that fell to the bottom. She was rejected like an organ after transplantation. She wasn't sure if his intention was to hurt her, but it is what he did. She thought that she could never heal. Furthermore, she felt as if she died after he was gone.
Now she could feel tears building up, her shoulders and head bowed, her breasts were rapidly losing the battle against gravity. Once again she remembered the good times, feeling fresh like a bowl of fruit. Then he left, the fruit rotted away, spreading the smell and attracting the flies. After all this time, someone (time?) washed and dried the bowl. Although clean, she felt empty, a vacuum that caused her body to implode. As if someone just took the soul out of the body. Pain, powerlessness, misery and rage took over. She was whimpering his name, numb with pain, totally unaware of the world around her.
The very moment she felt first tear appearing in the corner of the left eye, something snapped. The tear never made it. She felt at peace. Eye of the storm. Everything stopped. She imagined she was an airplane that suddenly left the strong turbulence field and continued with smooth flight. If she really did die, THIS was the moment of resurrection. The Phoenix will fly again!
No sound reached her ears, because the room was still. Her brown eyes wandered aimlessly across the room. Then she noticed that she wasn't breathing. Instead of panic, she felt full control. She stayed like that, her lungs empty, for a second or two, and then she took a long breath. It pumped her up, straightened her body, stretched her shoulders, breasts reached former firmness, her hands laid at her knees. Only the head remained lowered, but she had control over it. She was aware of every single cell in her body, she reckoned.
She closed her eyes, emptied her lungs once again, and filled them up again. She lifted her head, opened her eyes and put her lower jaw just a bit to the front. Finally, slowly and quietly, she said „Marko!“ while a glimpse of a viscous smile danced on her lips. Things don't have to be the same this time. This time, she was ready!
OK, I have a confession to make! I know most of you believe that my body is 32 years old, and you are correct. However, I was actually born some 2500 years ago at Mt. Olympus, which was then (as it is now!) a part of Greece. After several millennia, I decided to go back to revisit my childhood, which I did back in September 2012 (by the human counting of the Time)...
So, I was feeling a bit sick this week, and pretty much slept the weekend over. I just need to put all my strengths together for november, because my mileage is going over the top soon.
I start up Wednesday, when I go to Madrid (Spain) for the long weekend. I come back Sunday, and already on Tuesday I have to go to Bruxelles, to a conference that will be taking place in the EU Parliament building. It is only one day, and Bruxelles is about three hours on a train from Oberhausen where I reside at the moment. Then, the very first Friday after theat I have a booked flight and a hostel in Munich, where I go to meet an aunt of mine. She's celebrating her 70th B-day on 11-11. When I get back here, it will take only five nights before I board the plane to Belgrade. I haven't been to Serbia since june and Ozzy Osbourne concert, and then I only got to Belgrade, not to my beloved home town of Trstenik. It's about time to make it upt for that, but allas! I will be in Serbia for a total of 16 nights, some of those in Belgrade, some in Trstenik, going back and forth...
Recent events of mine involved welcoming my mother here, renting a BMW 118i convertible automatic blah-blah, and spending a lovely weekend in BeNeLux. We stayed in Rotterdam on a Friday night (Rotterdam has a completely different vybe from Amsterdam), visited Scheveningen and Bruxelles the next day before arriving to the city of Luxembourg in the evening. It is a lovely little town, but mom insisted to go back early, so we only spend 2-3 hours exploring it... Those pics will follow some time in December, along the vacation pics from Greece...
Otherwise, life is good!