Breaking: President Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Norwegian Lawmakers

10 comments, 320 views, posted 4:25 am 14/06/2018 in News by LordViscera
LordViscera has 18546 posts, 2652 threads, 695 points, location: 1123 6536 5321
Jarl of Glencoe

Two Norwegian lawmakers have nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize for meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un and reaching an agreement to work toward denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde and Per-Willy Amundsen are members of Norway’s governing Progress Party and nominated the U.S. president the day after the Singapore summit, according to the Norwegian government-owned broadcaster NRK.

“What’s going on now is historic,” Per-Willy told NRK, according to Bloomberg. “A process is underway to ensure world peace in the future. It’s a fragile process, but we must of course do what we can to help this process bring good results.”

The lawmakers also told Norwegian news agency NTB that Trump “had taken a huge and important step in the direction of the disarmament, peace and reconciliation between North and South Korea,” The Associated Press reported.

Since the deadline for nominations for this year’s prize has already passed, Trump’s nomination will make him eligible for next year.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee — a committee of five people chosen by the Norwegian parliament who award the Nobel Peace Prize — receives hundreds of nominations to consider for the prize every year. This year, a record 330 people were nominated, according to Bloomberg.

Quaektem (5)

Comments

4:36 am 14/06/2018

Honestly, Trump hasn't earned it yet. Sure, less has been expected (virtually nothing at times), but after a year Trump's actions haven't been vetted through outcome. If things with North Korea go well for a few years and they become an ally... sure. But though I'm hopeful, we don't know for sure how much of an influence Trump has made in changing the course of a country irrationally determined to 'win' a seventy year old war.

4:58 am 15/06/2018

did more than Obama did and he did win it

2:29 pm 15/06/2018

dr3n

apart from meeting them and saluting their army chiefs (lollers) - what has Trump done exactly? And more to the point - what has Trump done to deserve a Nobel peace prize??

2:56 pm 15/06/2018

No more or less than Obama

Clearly the prize has no value any more

6:30 pm 15/06/2018

marksyzm

“He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same.”

— President Trump, quoted by Axios, explaining how North Korea’s Kim Jong Un is a “strong leader.”

7:44 pm 15/06/2018

Lol. Trump should just do the same and have anyone not at attention killed

8:10 pm 15/06/2018

Quote by marksyzm:

"What did you mean just now when you said you wished Americans would sit up at attention?" a reporter asked after the interview.

Trump retorted, "I'm kidding. You don't understand sarcasm. Hey, who are you with? ...You're with CNN? Hey, you are the worst."

10:22 pm 15/06/2018

marksyzm

Quote by REALITY:
Quote by marksyzm:

Oh!!

10:24 pm 15/06/2018

marksyzm

It's funny because that was the first time I'd read something that made me laugh and therefore pasted any of this shit for quite a while. I haven't really been following any of it because all news is shite and a total waste of time. It's just there to fill our lives with baloney.

2:44 am 16/06/2018

Quote by REALITY:
Quote by marksyzm:

ah yes, the convenient leaving the other half of the conversation out gambit