Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg Admitted To Hospital

9 comments, 212 views, posted 3:00 pm 08/11/2018 in News by REALITY
REALITY has 19557 posts, 7526 threads, 1052 points
A tormented man.

85-year-old Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has reportedly been hospitalized after fracturing three ribs in fall at court.

She went to George Washington University Hospital early this morning, according to emailed statement from Supreme Court.

“Tests showed that she fractured three ribs on her left side and she was admitted for observation and treatment,” statement says.

As a reminder, Ginsburg broke two ribs in a fall in 2012, has had two prior bouts with cancer, and had a stent implanted to open a blocked artery in 2014.

We would imagine the 'Left' is about to start panicking since the GOP's gains in the Senate during the Midterms will ease any SCOTUS nominees going forward (heaven forbid).

Developing...

Comments

3:38 pm 08/11/2018

and soon the protestors will start by saying that someone is bringing about her demise.....the SJC is illegitimate!!!!!!

4:40 pm 08/11/2018

Vormid

And not a fuck was given about an old woman who fell, just the potential reflection on the SC.

I admit my first thought was to find a picture of Trump tripping her. lol

4:52 pm 08/11/2018

What? Many Fs are given. Ginsburg is a legeng and I for one wish her a speedy recovery. I dont want an all conservative court anymore than conservatives want an all liberal court.

I am fully aware that such injuries in older folk are very often not something they recover from.

5:24 pm 08/11/2018

Vormid

I personally don't think they should be in for life.

6:44 pm 08/11/2018

I agree, both with the points about how an older woman was hurt and the impact of her job are all the stories concentrate on, and they shouldn't be lifetime appointments

3:21 am 10/11/2018

Ok Mark, I gotta ask, what does that 2013 Omnibus bill have to do with anything? I am actually reading the entire appellate court opinion which did not enter a jugdment and sent it back to the other court. I cant believe I am on page 24 of the appellate courts opinion.

8:48 am 10/11/2018

marksyzm

Yeah don't bother, I can't even remember what it was

2:16 pm 10/11/2018

The lawsuit states that the state of NC enacted voter ID policies that were racist, bc some AAs could not get the state ID this was back in 2013, back in 2014 some of the early voting sites were closed bc all counties were not open on those same days therefore not affording- all citizens in all counties- the same amount of early voting sites and times, and that the ones that were open were in predominantly AA areas (which hisyorically tend to vote overwhelmingly D). Thus allowing the democrats more time to get more votes. The district court found that while the measures may seem discriminatory they were neutral laws, this particular opinion finds that the district court was wrong in not seeing discrimination even though by his own opinon it is a neutral law, because the opinion feels that those who implemented the law did so due to racist motives... this lawsuit was sent back to the original court that did not find racist motives and I am not sure where it stands now. However, this is an old lawsuit, and that was an opinion entered in July of 2016, from a law in 2013. Lawsuits in the US take years, certainly this is still pending.