Fake Hate Crimes

18 comments, 205 views, posted 1:56 pm 19/02/2019 in News by mynameis
mynameis has 18467 posts, 1651 threads, 91 points
?????????? ??

Right after Donald Trump’s election, the SPLC really stoked panic. A pro-gay Episcopal church in Indiana was vandalized w/“Heil Trump,” a swastika, & an anti-gay slur. Turns out it was the gay organ player who did it. He was only charged w/a misdemeanor.

And many more

REALITY (10), HariSeldon (5), tamsnod27 (5)

Comments

1:57 pm 19/02/2019

mynameis

Thought media tags would embed tweets. Guess not.

2:21 pm 19/02/2019

The boy who cried wolf, eventually people will start to doubt real hate crime.

2:36 pm 19/02/2019

Quote by mynameis:
Thought media tags would embed tweets. Guess not.

embedding tweets only works when pasting a previously embedded tweet into WYSIWYG....I think

4:52 pm 19/02/2019

I imaging there is a real hate crime compilation as well...???

5:44 pm 19/02/2019

I can't remember when I last read about an actual hate crime. *goes off to look for hate crime.

edit: https://hateindex.com/

We're hoping to build on the fine work of others, including the Southern Poverty Law Center. We're seeking to add value by allowing users to search for incidents by various categories.

scrap that one.

5:59 pm 19/02/2019

i commit hate crimes every day by the medias standard of a hate crime, but i only see 2 types of people.... assholes and non-assholes

6:03 pm 19/02/2019

Problem is.... If you're black or gay or Hispanic or trans or non-white or identify as a toothpick, I may treat you like shit.... Not for any of the above reasons, but because you're being an asshole.

They can then claim I'm committing a hate crime because they fall into a "victim" category.

10:05 pm 19/02/2019

There was a hate crime on January 29th in Crown Heights NY. Just FYI. This one was real, perpetrated by about three or four men and caught on camera.

10:09 pm 19/02/2019

In the US those crimes have to have an aggravating factor. Say for example, you attack me- I am a hispanic female- and just start yelling at me and throw something at me and hit me. That scenario would just be a simple assault, but if you say "effing spic" and/or "go back to your island", then you just committed a hate crime if it can be proven you were motivated by my being a spic.

10:23 pm 19/02/2019

See, saying something like that isn't hurtful enough for me

Years ago a lady with 3-4 dogs in a bachelor apartment was being a huge bitch while I was helping someone move. Sure, our truck was blocking the exit from the underground parking but someone was always in the truck just in case it needed to be moved and she was endlessly bitching. I told her that she obviously has no friends and when she dies in her apartment, by the time the smell gets bad enough for someone to notice, her dogs will have eaten her. Shut her right up

When someone is bitching to me, I am fair and reasonable at the start. If they dont calm down and have a reasonable conversation about the issue, I go for the jugular, so to speak.

10:29 pm 19/02/2019

that's the second story I've recently told about me being a dick and they aren't even the worst. For legal reasons some stories can't be told in a medium that allows it to exist for eternity

4:43 am 20/02/2019

Wow, poor lady, she probably went inside and cried. You were probably right, she was probably lonely and friendless.

I am also not hyper sensitive about name calling... I was beat up at school quite often and called every name in the book, they hated when I fought back. I was taught that violence was always a last resort (by karate master), but after a few shoves, and few pulled hairs, slaps, I was done.

Anyway, if you called me a spic, I would not care and likely call you a backwoods cracker.

4:44 am 20/02/2019

PS everytime I am raging in the car over bad drivers and stupid people I always say- must be a Trump supporter. I know mean!

12:10 pm 20/02/2019

That's where I'm sexist. When there is a dumb driver doing g something absent minded, it's almost always a woman. My wife agrees with me on this too.

12:16 pm 20/02/2019

I find sometimes, people are endlessly horrible to others, and they need to be put in their place. Maybe she cried, maybe not. Maybe she now understands that if you are a bitch 100% of the time, and are never calm and reasonable, eventually you'll have to deal with someone who can be worse than they are. This lady was the super of the building and had always been a huge bitch to everyone around.

Either way, she got her reality check and I lose no sleep over it.

12:18 pm 20/02/2019

When I do those things, it is reserved for the asshole that is always an asshole and can never be reasonable. There is never a need to start a conversation with a stranger by yelling.

1:19 pm 20/02/2019