Official: Initial US assessment blames Iran for ship attacks

8 comments, 172 views, posted 11:41 pm 13/05/2019 in News by REALITY
REALITY has 22895 posts, 8719 threads, 812 points, location: Don’t believe what I post - Research what I post.
I want to be the reason you get out of bed in the morning...Even if it is to make sure the door is locked.

WASHINGTON (AP) — An American military team’s initial assessment is that Iranian or Iranian-backed proxies used explosives Sunday to blow large holes in four ships anchored off the coast of the United Arab Emirates, a U.S. official said Monday.

The official said each ship has a 5- to 10-foot hole in it, near or just below the water line, and the team’s early belief is that the holes were caused by explosive charges. The team of U.S. military experts was sent to investigate the damages at the request of the UAE, but American officials have not provided any details about what exactly happened or any proof as yet about the possible Iranian involvement in the explosions.

The official was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Gulf officials have characterized the damage to the tankers as sabotage. Two Saudi oil tankers, a Norwegian-flagged vessel, and a bunkering tanker flagged in Sharjah, one of the UAE’s seven emirates, all suffered similar damage Sunday.

The U.S. has warned ships that “Iran or its proxies” could be targeting maritime traffic in the region, and America has moved additional ships and aircraft into the region.

The incident comes after months of increasing diplomatic and economic pressure on Iran, which the U.S. accuses of threatening American interests and allies in the region, including Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Comments

11:43 pm 13/05/2019

NEW: Iran or Iranian-backed proxies used explosives to blow holes in four ships -- two Saudi oil tankers and two others -- near the Strait of Hormuz, according to an initial assessment of the U.S. team sent to investigate, @CBSDavidMartin confirms.
11:54 pm 13/05/2019

... They are doing this while Trump is in office? Morons.

1:34 am 14/05/2019

While I dont dought trumptydumpties willingness to start a war, I am totally afraid of his ability to wage war. Especially concerned about how it will go with russia being envolved and add to that china's attitude and conflict what will they do (support Iran or start there own war)?

4:27 am 14/05/2019

er.. duh. I like what Trump does to leftists/progressives... Starting WWIII... not what I want. (Though if it was called the Tangerine Sunrise I just might... NO. Bad idea)

1:01 pm 14/05/2019

USS Liberty.....nobody? I'm disappointed

1:51 pm 14/05/2019

FALSE FLAG!!!! I said it first!!!!! You know it's gonna come. Stay tuned on 4chan.....

1:51 pm 14/05/2019

the team’s early belief is that the holes were caused by explosive charges.

clearly it was ping pong balls. Steel that thick is SUPER weak

2:19 pm 14/05/2019