Trump declares emergency over IT threats

8 comments, 217 views, posted 9:55 pm 15/05/2019 in News by tricpe
tricpe has 15633 posts, 6944 threads, 720 points, location: In a pair of Speedo
Mad Mod

President Trump declares a national emergency to protect US computer networks from "foreign adversaries"

REALITY (10), evolution (5)

Comments

11:01 pm 15/05/2019

Meanwhile, its chairman Liang Hua said it was "willing to sign no-spy agreements with governments" during a meeting in London on Tuesday

11:42 pm 15/05/2019

He only did this because he is prejudice against Chinese.
He only did this because the UK ignored his unsolicited advice and started researching Chinese tech for 5G.
He is only doing this to free up more money for his fucking border wall.

11:55 pm 15/05/2019

Would be unreasonable for China to ban the purchase and use of Cisco colanders within the Chinese government?

1:55 am 16/05/2019

I am surprised (maybe prematurely) that China hasn't said "you know what ass hole, watch this" and banned access to all Americans goods, services and banking access. When they do that watch out stock market pass 1920 levels over night. Then ask if we still want to play games in negotiating a deal. It would hurt them a bit for a couple days but it would hurt the entire world even more and would take much longer for us to recover than it would them.

This is why I think every president has not pushed very hard (should of pushed a bit more) and why this president should not have pushed at all (he is clueless to the consequences).

Truthfully I am not afraid of china spying on me. They already have access to the information captured by my own government. Might as well get cool toys out of it!

7:28 am 16/05/2019

So even if Trump had colluded with Russia, it wouldn't have been a problem?

10:13 am 16/05/2019

Not being afraid of something is not the same as not caring which is not the same as as liking it. It sucks nothing I do is private but I am powerless to do much about it.

Issues with Russia are about the same mind set. We had a choice between a woman that was corrupt and stupid enough to loose control of classified information to the Russian and a guy that was corrupt and willing to do anything to be friends with the Russians. And since I live in Californian that was guaranteed to vote for CrookedHillary, my vote doesn't count. So if what I want is meaningless why waste any mental effort giving a shit!

12:45 pm 16/05/2019

I've always thought that if you cant do anything to change the outcome or fix the problem, then there is no point in wasting time on it. Granted I apply this to small scale problems.