In 1998, Maxine Waters Called Impeachment a 'Coup d'etat'

11 comments, 206 views, posted 3:08 pm 18/05/2017 in Politics by REALITY
REALITY has 12828 posts, 5071 threads, 2742 points
Administrator of hate

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), along with her colleague Al Green (D-TX), is a leader of the impeach-Trump movement. But in 1998, Waters called impeachment a "coup d'etat." And she wasn't just upset about because she thought Bill Clinton was not guilty, she was upset at the use of the institution of impeachment. She called it an "unapologetic disregard for the voice of the people" and an "abuse of power in the collecting of so-called 'evidence' and the denial of the presumption of innocence." But isn't this exactly what she's proposing doing to President Trump?

VIDEO HERE

Vormid (1), tamsnod27 (1), LordViscera (10), Quaektem (5), HariSeldon (5)

Comments

3:09 pm 18/05/2017

She is crazy, don't give the crazy lady any time.

3:40 pm 18/05/2017

Vormid

Oh I don't think the Dems are going to go full on "Impeach Mode" just yet.

3:52 pm 18/05/2017

marksyzm

Nope, unnecessary. I think many have been holding quiet and letting it all fall "into place" through the political process. Have you seen any higher tier lawmakers, i.e. Pelosi, Pocahontas, call for impeachment? They know this is in the hands of the Republicans and it is for them to investigate, so the Dems just have to prod away at it being investigated properly.

4:06 pm 18/05/2017

Vormid

Quote by marksyzm:
Pocahontas

Already fighting her chances of a 2020 with a nickname. I find it funny...I had been told when I was a kid that there was native blood in my veins without any genealogical support. Can I get a nickname too?

6:06 pm 18/05/2017

Quote by Vormid:
Oh I don't think the Dems are going to go full on "Impeach Mode" just yet.

they were last noght saying "Obstruction of justice" is the charge and they were citing Bill Clinton's impeachment as precedent

6:07 pm 18/05/2017

Quote by Vormid:
Quote by marksyzm:
Pocahontas

hate to break it to you, Howie Carr, a local Boston radio talk show host, gave her that name when the whole Native American lineage issue came up in the MA senate race, nothing new there

6:17 pm 18/05/2017

Vormid

Quote by LordViscera:
Quote by Vormid:
Oh I don't think the Dems are going to go full on "Impeach Mode" just yet.

There were a few sure... and even on the other side of the fence too. There is no point to a call unless the House would pass such an action. For that it would have to be really really bad with the Republicans in control.

7:26 pm 18/05/2017

marksyzm

Quote by LordViscera:
Quote by Vormid:
Oh I don't think the Dems are going to go full on "Impeach Mode" just yet.

Who was?

7:28 pm 18/05/2017

marksyzm

8:09 pm 18/05/2017

Vormid

Quote by marksyzm:

Gotta have the goods and a solid house vote. Rushing it will just make them look like idiots.

12:28 am 19/05/2017

Quote by marksyzm:
Quote by LordViscera:
Quote by Vormid:
Oh I don't think the Dems are going to go full on "Impeach Mode" just yet.

Who was?

when the video is posted from Tucker Carlson's show I'll post it, don't remember her name, Crystal Ball I think, but they were citing Maxine Watters and others