'We Are Living In A Totalitarian Nightmare,'

8 comments, 293 views, posted 10:25 pm 18/10/2018 in Politics by HariSeldon
HariSeldon has 6666 posts, 3518 threads, 108 points
Uber God

- Says Protester Freely Without Any Fear Of Government Retribution

WASHINGTON, D.C.—During a recent string of protests in Washington, one protester told reporters that "we are living in a totalitarian nightmare just like in The Handmaid's Tale," making the statement with absolutely no possibility of the government kidnapping and torturing her for her outspokenness.

The woman drew on her guaranteed free speech rights to state that "this government is like something out of a totalitarian dystopia," as police stood by guarding to ensure her and her fellow protesters' right to protest was protected.

"Women literally have no rights," she said. "And we're losing more each and every day." She also said that her uterus has fewer rights than guns, though she admitted her uterus doesn't need a license, government registration, or a background check.

"This is exactly like The Handmaid's Tale," she said for the seventh time that morning, though she was wearing the handmaid's uniform entirely of her own free will and would shortly change into her regular clothes before returning to her home to rewatch the series on Hulu.

At publishing time, she told reporters she would love to draw further comparisons to dystopian fiction novels other than The Handmaid's Tale, but she hadn't read any.

Flee (10), REALITY (10), LordViscera (10), tamsnod27 (5), Vormid (5)

Comments

1:30 am 19/10/2018

So she's a self-actualized, uneducated, ignorant moron. Vormid, Dr3n... are you as embarrassed by people like this as I am by the right-wing WBC types? I ask because although I call out the moronic revolutionaries on the Right (among other, more mainstream right-wing failures) I don't recall ever seeing the leftists on this site ever call out the most radical idiots on their side (and trust me... there is a very deep pool to fish from).

6:33 am 19/10/2018

I think that anyone who "thinks" they are in a totalitarian state here, should be sent to a totalitarian state and then asked to report back on the "conditions they had to endure. *Hint, no Starbucks, no cable, no wifi, no cell phones, sometimes food, and oh btw, sometimes, no life as they tend to kill those they feel are undesirable or too much trouble.

8:24 am 19/10/2018

dr3n

do i have a problem with her or anyone else doing this? well as long as it isnt hurting anybody then no.. not really.. do i think she's a bit of a dick for doing it? ermmm yes..

they could have at least worn the sexy handmaids tale outfits.. that would have been much better...

3:16 pm 19/10/2018

Vormid

Yep.

I'd say there are enough people here that do a good job of that.

I also think the being called a leftist is not accurate. While my politics and social views are indeed left of center, the label of leftist belongs to Lenin, Marx and Che Guevara and really has a very small place in American politics. I resent being dropped into their company.

6:58 pm 19/10/2018

how would you see yourself if you had to put a description on your social/political views? Asking to understand not to cast aspersions. I would think of myself as a conservative but certainly not to the degree of Rush or any radical right wingers

7:27 pm 19/10/2018

Vormid

Quote by LordViscera:

Some parts progressive liberal, some parts libertarian, some part golden rule, some part Constitutionalist. Certainly more complex than Leftist or Libtard. I am not an absolutest in that I know that there are no 100% solutions and often compromise is needed and should be sought.

7:45 pm 19/10/2018

Quote by LordViscera:

An unrepresented, unheard, social outcast, loner. My opinions dont matter, my ideas unheard, my desires ignored. That is why i HATE POLITICS,and POLITICIANS. I find protestors useless trouble makers. 24 hour cable news is the worst human invention since religion. But dont worry i wont judge you for your inclusive, religious views because just because i am judgemental of myself i have no rights to judge others. I also find it rude for others to try and push there belief on me so i dont like doing that to others.

8:45 pm 19/10/2018

the greatest summation ever! I would include cable tv in general and cell phones