History Shows Gridlock Ahead

18 comments, 237 views, posted 12:52 am 07/11/2018 in Politics by LordViscera
LordViscera has 18925 posts, 2744 threads, 432 points, location: 1123 6536 5321
Jarl of Glencoe

So, if history repeats itself, the American people, who surprisingly seem to like divided govt, will give the Dems control of the House. The Senate apparently will stay in Republican hands if you go by the projections. So, the Dems will have control of the purse strings, but will the president sign anything they send over in regards to funding and budgets? You can probably guarantee that more investigations will happen and no immigration reforms will happen. Ah yes, another 2 years of bickering, sound bites and non-stop campaigning.

HariSeldon (10), Flee (10), REALITY (10)

Comments

4:21 am 07/11/2018

quick note: as of 11:20 PM every Dem senator that voted against Cavanaugh who was up for re-election, has been defeated

4:32 am 07/11/2018

Governors races are surprise wins for the Republicans, Ohio, Florida so that is a good sign (s the pundits say) for Trump in 2020

4:33 am 07/11/2018

and the Senate might expand by as much as 4 seats for the republicans

4:53 am 07/11/2018

Rick Scott wins in Fla as senator

5:03 am 07/11/2018

I'm glad Romney won the Senate seat in Utah, as maybe now that he will have the ear of the president more often, he can influence Trump to moderate his behavior, but not betting on it

8:06 am 07/11/2018

12:32 pm 07/11/2018

a lady this morning said the "immigration from CA" has affected Texas politics. So progressive insanity policies ruin a climate for people so they move, and then almost bring in people to do the same in Texas.

1:19 pm 07/11/2018

2010 Obama: -63
1994 Clinton: -52
1958: Eisenhower: -48
1974 Ford (Nixon): -48
1966 Johnson: -47
1946 Truman: -45
2006 Bush: -30
1950 Truman: -29
1982 Reagan: -26
2018 Trump: -26

1:38 pm 07/11/2018

are those the house seats that were flipped?

What we have here are a bunch of people that are led purely by emotion and not much forethought. Do you honestly believe that an 18 kid has formed the most mature political understanding and how policies will affect his future?

Now as I watched the exit polls something struck me, young people heavily lean democrat, however by age grouping, the older you are the more likely you are to be a conservative or more of a moderate.

1:44 pm 07/11/2018

Sorry, yes..

Midterm Election, Most House Seats Lost by President's Party in Power

2:33 pm 07/11/2018

Wow, interesting, sonone of the lowest losses next to Reagan.

3:42 pm 07/11/2018

are those the house seats that were flipped?

I say this all the time. Not always the case, but typically when you don't have shit, you're liberal. When you do have shit(house, RRSP/401K) you lean conservative.

Those that get ahead vote conservative as they want to stay ahead.

It was true for me. I was liberal until I had shit I wanted to protect. Now I vote conservative

3:46 pm 07/11/2018

This also stems from the fact that in my personal experience with people that are on welfare, they are all just lazy fucks.

I have yet to meet a single person on welfare that truly needed it.

I'm sure there are some out there that are on it and need it but I haven't met one.

3:54 pm 07/11/2018

After loosing the House, Nazi lead riots sweep across cities.

4:06 pm 07/11/2018

yeah!

4:26 pm 07/11/2018

Quote by REALITY:

After loosing the House, Nazi lead riots sweep across cities.

You have to wait until Saturday, we're all at work

4:30 pm 07/11/2018

That was a joke in our last election...

"Early results expect the democrats to take a strong lead.... until all the conservatives get off work"

4:50 pm 07/11/2018

You have to wait until Saturday, we're all at work

haha yeah, after a shower, Dinner and the kids are in bed.