When I was 16...

8 comments, 237 views, posted 12:52 pm 17/03/2019 in Politics by REALITY
REALITY has 20698 posts, 7926 threads, 1538 points, location: South, Middle. Middle South. In the South, In The Middle.
A tormented man.

'When I was 16, my friends and I bought a live lobster, put it on a leash, and walked it around the neighborhood at 2am'

On Thursday I posted a clip of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) endorsing an effort from her colleague, Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), to lower the voting age to 16.

“I myself personally — I’m not speaking for my caucus, I myself have always been for lowering the voter — the voting age to 16,” Pelosi said during her weekly press conference. “I think it’s really important to capture kids when they’re in high school, when they’re interested in all of this, when they’re learning about government to be able to vote. … But my view is that I would welcome that. But I had been in that position for a long time.”

Since then, young Americans have begun sharing stories of what they were doing as 16-year-olds, and why this doesn’t bode well for this demographic shaping the course of foreign and domestic policy.

Below, please enjoy some of the most hilarious explanations of why Pelosi’s push to again lower the voting age might not be such a hot idea.

More here: grabien.com

Quaektem (10), HariSeldon (5), tamsnod27 (5)

Comments

12:59 pm 17/03/2019

tricpe

Well ain't you something!?

1:12 pm 17/03/2019

Nothing unusual about Dali

1:46 pm 17/03/2019

i_am_god

I don't think anyone at 16 would register to vote that wouldn't at 18. There are those that will never be interested in politics because they are more concerned about stupid shit reality TV.
I think that everyone in the US should be required to register for Selective Service. EVERYONE, even those fucking Amish. If you are not willing to fight and kill during a draft then you can serve your country and community in other ways. Everyone becomes registered to vote once they register for the Selective Service. I bet that would increase participation a bit more. Oh and tax all churches.

1:48 pm 17/03/2019

i_am_god

What is that thing? A couple anteaters?

1:59 pm 17/03/2019

I'm for an amendment raising the legal age to 21. You can't drink (or smoke in MA) until you are 21 and frankly I have met few twenty-somethings that are wise enough to sign onto long time contracts. Even the ACA implies that 26 year-olds don't have their shit together well enough to have health insurance without their parents' help.

Face it, 18 today is very different than 18 in the late 1700's

3:37 pm 17/03/2019

Quote by i_am_god:

Always thought this was a great idea. When you turn 16-18/graduate high school, then you need to serve your country for a year or two. Be it military, or public works, you need to give to your country

7:35 pm 17/03/2019

i_am_god

Quote by Flee:
Quote by i_am_god:

Selective Service is not compulsory service. It just notifies the US government when someone turns 18 and where they are living in the event there is a draft. Young men are suppose to keep the address updated until they are 26. I think women should be included. Even if there is a draft if they are a moral objector they could serve in the Peace Corp or something similar helping disaster relief or poor building housing... I don't support mandatory military service but if men have to be ready for a draft so should women and the fucking Amish too

6:38 pm 18/03/2019

tricpe

Why worry about this when we all know that the final decision will be made by electorate college Russia?