Amash: Trump Committed Impeachable Offenses

19 comments, 124 views, posted 3:27 pm 19/05/2019 in Politics by griffin
griffin has 15201 posts, 2119 threads, 206 points

I was wondering when Amash would give his thoughts on the subject. Congressman Jutsin Amash uses social media to explain his votes, and what formed his position on the matter at hand. He is a strict Constitutionalist, and is therefore frequently at odds with his party. If he ran for president, he would have my vote in a heartbeat.

Here is his own summary of his main findings from careful study of the Mueller report:

1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

Michigan Congressman first Republican to call for Trump’s impeachment
A Republican Congressman on Saturday became the first in his party to publicly call for the impeachment of President Trump.

Justin Amash, of Michigan, tweeted Saturday that impeachment “should be undertaken only in extraordinary circumstances,” but that Trump has committed “impeachable conduct.”

He also said Attorney General William Barr intentionally misled the public about the report of special counsel Robert Mueller.

Amash tweeted that the report established “multiple examples” of Trump obstructing justice.

Amash told CNN he is considering a third party run for president as a Libertarian.

Secondary RL: Amash's twitter feed --> https://twitter.com/justinamash

REALITY (5)

Comments

3:35 pm 19/05/2019

z0phi3l

Show the evidence or shut the fuck up!!!!

2 years of this bullshit and nothing, don't care what party you're with, put up or do your fucking job

3:54 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by z0phi3l:
Show the evidence or shut the fuck up!!!!

I take it you didn't read the report either?

4:03 pm 19/05/2019

You can't target the President with a coup attempt and then say he obstructed the coup attempt.

There is a point here.

4:36 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by REALITY:

There is a point here.

What coup attempt? You mean the investigation? Words matter, and your use of 'coup' is bullshit.

4:57 pm 19/05/2019

We don't know this yet though do we.

5:15 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by REALITY:
We don't know this yet though do we.

Only if you haven't read the report either. Really, where do you come off with this coup bullshit?
You really need to add 'disconnectedfrom' to your username.

5:36 pm 19/05/2019

Collusion was bullshit and we've been listening to that for the last 2 years.

5:43 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by REALITY:
Collusion was bullshit

And obstruction? And I wonder, did trump just lie by reflex about don jr.'s meeting with Russian agents to get dirt on Clinton?
If you had read the relevant parts of the report, you'd know that the fucker most certainly did do his best to interfere.

6:08 pm 19/05/2019

I just want to know what happened from the beginning, both parties.

6:16 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by REALITY:
I just want to know what happened from the beginning, both parties.

Once again, you haven't read the report, have you? Because if you had bothered....

6:43 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Trump is having a meltdown, and it is clear that the commenters here are not the only ones who didn't read the report.

Bitch, please:

Never a fan of @justinamash, a total lightweight who opposes me and some of our great Republican ideas and policies just for the sake of getting his name out there through controversy. If he actually read the biased Mueller Report, “composed” by 18 Angry Dems who hated Trump,....

7:26 pm 19/05/2019

Quote by griffin:
Quote by REALITY:
I just want to know what happened from the beginning, both parties.

They declassified the FISA documents? Holy shit! Send me a link already.

7:32 pm 19/05/2019

HariSeldon

Explains his claimed opinion.

7:41 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by HariSeldon:
Explains his claimed opinion.

Does it? If you had been following him as long as I have been, you wouldn't be so quick to leap to judgement.

Everything that trump has done, all his little shitty deals, the people he has fucked over during his entire career, the lies, the rip-offs, the fraudulent schemes, the phony charity, the Mueller report and all, and plenty of people still think that cunt is a saint. Amash has a spotless record of defying his party and risking his political career to do what he believes is right, and boom, he comes to conclusions about trump just so he can run for president. Yeah, that's a no from me, dawg.

7:58 pm 19/05/2019

I'm not getting a link am I

10:07 pm 19/05/2019

When Trey Gowdy call it, I'm with you. This guy is new to me, not the best first impression.

11:05 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

This guy is new to me

No he isn't. I mentioned him to you before.

Quote by REALITY:
I'm not getting a link am I

To what end? Like you'd read it anyway. Haven't you got an irrelevant image to post, apropos of nothing at all?

11:21 pm 19/05/2019

Quote by griffin:
This guy is new to me

No he isn't. I mentioned him to you before.
Quote by REALITY:
I'm not getting a link am I

Haha classic!

You didn't read the report ..
Link me...
You wouldn't read it anyway ...

Love it!

11:43 pm 19/05/2019

griffin

Quote by Flee:
You didn't read the report ..
Link me...
You wouldn't read it anyway ...

Love it!

Yeah, lol. But in fairness the fucking thing has been out for weeks now. If he gave the slightest shit, or had the merest inclination...
And on closer inspection, it appears that Jon is enquiring about the FISA documents, not the report, and they are not yet in the public domain.

Fuck this, I'm checking that my beer is cold for GOT later on. Sansa FTW.