Here’s a list of things Republicans opposed funding without offsets during Obama’s presidency. They include relief efforts for some of the biggest natural disasters in recent years:
- $9.7 billion in Hurricane Sandy disaster relief
- $8 billion for 9/11 first responders bill
- $1.9 billion to fight the Zika virus
- $1.1 billion to fight the opioid epidemic
- $765 million for the water emergency in Flint, Michigan
- $6.4 billion for the extension of unemployment insurance
- $10 billion for the creation of an infrastructure bank.
Trump: Let's build a WALL! We will make Mexico pay for it!
Mexico: Fuck you.
Republican lawmakers: We estimate that President Trump’s promised U.S.-Mexico wall will cost between $12 and $15 billion. It's so badly needed! It will stop immigrants from coming into the US! Terrorism! Lets do it...there's lots of way to define Mexico paying for it!
What about flying and overstayed Visas? What about the fact that illegal immigration has plummeted? What about severely penalizing those who hire illegal immigrants to avoid paying a minimum wage and benefits?